The My Journey Out Beyond (MyJOB) Program serves youth who are incarcerated by providing workplace readiness essential skill building, mentoring and work-based learning to prepare them for meaningful careers! This PacMtn Program is a system integration, in collaboration with Juvenile Rehabilitation, the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and SeaKing Workforce Development Council.
Utilizing a strengths-based, holistic approach, the MyJOB program challenges conventional trajectories for youth who have been incarcerated as they build essential skills, knowledge and confidence.
The MyJOB program will foster community prosperity by developing workforce readiness in youth; empowering them to gain a competitive edge in the workforce, while thriving in everyday life.
Authenticity: We create space where individuals can be their true selves.
Collaboration: We create opportunities for community-wide investment in youth.
Trailblazing: We create innovative solutions to complex issues on a systemic scale Integrity.
Integrity: We create an environment where commitment to truth takes precedence.
Respect: We create a culture that honors an individual’s presence, voice, and purpose.
The MyJOB Team is always interested in learning about potential speakers from our communities! Whether you are a formerly justice involved advocate, a community member with a passion for serving youth, or a local business or motivating speaker, feel free to apply!
Note: To be most effective, all proposals should contain:
- Full contact information/details
- Bio (one–two-paragraph updated bio around 150 words)
- Photo (We would love to know who you!)
- A brief outline of a potential topic of interest, along with details of what style of speaker event it would be, such as small group or auditorium style.
- What location you are interested in speaking at? We have events in Snoqualmie, WA, Chehalis, WA, and Naselle, WA. If you are interested or available for any of the above, just say all three.
If your proposal or submission is selected, more detailed information will be requested. We are always looking for proposals that highlight community members.
Naselle Youth Camp
Workforce Development Specialist
Workforce Development Specialist II