Education and Employment
Job Seeker Services for Youths
The Youth Programs of the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development provides services for youth and young adults (ages 14-24) to provide them the resources they need to build sustainable, lifelong careers and build a foundation of citizenship, leadership, and self-sufficiency. The Pacific Mountain Workforce Development funds these programs so they are free to you.
Resources and Services you can find below include:
- WIOA Youth Program
- High Impact Community Grants
- Partnership Opportunities
- Additional Resources
- Specialized Programs
WIOA Youth Program
The WIOA Youth Program serves young adults ages 14-24 who are in or out of school and have an interest in education, employment or career exploration assistance and are seeking a future of success and self-sufficiency. Please Note: Some eligibility requirements may apply.
- Tutoring, study skills training
- High school drop-out prevention/alternative school services/high school re-engagement
- Paid work experience/internship opportunities
- Occupational skills training and certifications to enhance your employability
- Leadership development opportunities
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Mentoring, guidance and career coaching
- Job search and job readiness assistance through our Uplift! Workplace Readiness Training
- Writing a resume
- Interview preparation
- Building a career portfolio
- Leadership development
- Access to job openings
- Career exploration and development assistance/Career assessment testing
- Information and referrals to other resources
- Post High School planning
- Post-secondary education support/educational planning
Work Experience and Internships
Youth need opportunities to learn the skills that can only come from real work experience. Our investments fund meaningful paid work experiences to help young people learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world of work.
We work in partnership with the business community to provide career exploration opportunities for area youth. Youth will be provided the opportunity to work with an individual career and educational coach, participate in a career assessment test, job shadow at a local business, participate in a paid work experience/internship opportunity, connect to a career mentor or get involved in an informational interview.
High Impact Community Grants
Pacific Mountain Workforce Development provides program resources for projects and activities that support career connected learning experiences contributing to Youth and Young Adult Employment Preparation and Training in Highly Rural and Remote Areas of the PacMtn region.
Program funds will be made available to assist for programming that serve rural/highly remote youth and young adults (ages 16-24) with employment preparation activities that connect them to at least one of the 6 PacMtn industry sectors – Food Production, Wood Products & Paper Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Chemical Products & Plastics Manufacturing, IT/Telecom, and Tourism & Recreation.
Businesses and community agencies can partner with our programs in a variety of ways: Speak in a classroom, provide mock interview opportunities, allow a youth to job shadow at your business, mentor a young adult, share community resources, provide a work experience/internship opportunity for a young adult to gain valuable workplace skills (paid by our programs).
To learn more about services offered to businesses and partnership opportunities, please visit the Business page and Partnership Opportunities page.